Church of Universal Love
Welcome to the Church of Universal Love. I am Duane Williams, the minister of this online church. I will explain the functions and why I started this church. I have been ordained by the Universal Life Church online.
Universal Life Church: In existence since 1959, the Universal Life Church is headquartered in Modesto, California, and has congregations around the world. The sun never sets on the Universal Life Church. ULC ministers come from all walks of life and spiritual traditions. Our common thread is our adherence to the universal doctrine of religious freedom:
"Do only that which is right".
Every person has the natural right (and the responsibility) to peacefully determine what is right. We are advocates of religious freedom.
The Universal Life Church wants you to pursue your spiritual beliefs without interference from any outside agency, including government or church authority.
I am able to do marriages, baptisms, renewal of marriage, affirmation of love and funerals. I chose to do this because I feel there is too much structure and restrictions in the way they are done by many churches.
1. Marriages - Have you always wanted to be married someplace besides the church. If you can imagine it then I will be able to make two become one.
2. Baptisms - Would like to have a baptism outside of the church and wanted be done in a favorite spot on the beach in the Pacific Ocean, favorite lake or river? Just think of the possibilities and what a memorable moment in your life.
3. Renewal of Marriage - Remember the first time you said "I do" to the one you love and how it made you feel. Hopefully, I can make you feel that way again in renewing your marriage vows.
4. Affirmation of Love - Are you living with someone you love but you do not think marriage is necessary or the state you live does not allow because of your sexual preference. I do not care whether you are straight or gay. I will do the ceremony to let everyone know your love to each other.
5. Funerals - The last thing in your life you want to worry about is the end of your life. Yet we know we do not live forever and someday when you least expect it happens. I will comfort your love ones in their time of need and make your funeral as memorable as your life.
These are all the services I provide and if you are in the Southern California please drop me an email for any questions or prayers: email@example.com
Why I Started This Church
I was raised Baptist and when I got married the first time it was in a Catholic Church and my daughter went to a Catholic School from kindergarten to 8th grade. Last several years I have been studying the teachings of Buddha. I have a Bachelor of Arts in History (Ancient Civilizations) from California State University, Northridge (CSUN). I studied the ancient cultures of Egypt, Persia, Greece and Rome. I also like the mythology of those civilizations including Norse mythology. Their gods were more human like in the way they behaved than the God of Jews, Christians and Muslims.
All religions and faiths have several things in common and they are Peace and Love. They are all trying to achieve peace amongst each other and that we should love one another and love ourselves. Yet many of the extreme religions or those that teach it never teach that part of their religion because they believe deep down inside that is not possible.
When you let Pride run your life, your life is ruined.
Take the Crusades where Christians tried to rid the world of Muslims. The killing of innocent people in Northern Ireland between Catholics and Protestants. The teachings of extreme Christians convincing hundreds of people to kill themselves. The teachings of extreme Muslims thinking that Israel and any type of Christian are Satan. Yet each of these religions and faiths are suppose to teach Love and Peace yet they rather be violent or be hypocrites. Many believers who are Christians teach more on giving money plus those on television asking money to support their big overpriced church and home. I have met many so called Christians that think all atheists, agnostics or non-Christians are going to hell because they do not believe the way they believe. That is the main reason I started this online church and all are welcome. All you have to do is believe that one day we can have peace and love one another so our world can be a better and safer place to live.
ULC Directory of Ministers - Williams Duane Home Page
There are Christians who think they are perfect because they have been forgiven for their sins by God. They looked down on others who do not believe as they do and they let their pride take over.
Perfection is just a dream for those trying to attain it and those who think they are.
No one is perfect and many say God and Jesus Christ are perfect yet there are questions of letting so many good people die young and the bad get to live. The other question arises that all religions are conceived by man and written by men and no evidence in the past to prove or disprove.
Bigotry and Hatred have one thing in common, Ignorance.
This church does not care what your faith or religion is, Jewish or Muslim, Christian or non-Christian, atheist or agnostic. It is a church for anyone and everyone who wants to find real love and peace.
Once you have Love & Peace in your life, you should experience true Happiness.
I now have a blog and hope you read it and if you wish to make a comment, please email me.
What's On My Mind